Pheonix-Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pheonix-Fire

A forum for friends, mostly at Ghidotti

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure

Go down 
+5
Master of Ninjas
Mereel
Columbidae
Grifsworld
Morelli
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Grifsworld
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Grifsworld

Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:43 am

Not giving a fish, I self destruct in a way that causes mass annoyance and difficulty to everyone but master.
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:22 am

I go to the car repair shop and ask if there is any way for me to obtain a vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:19 pm

I go to the SWAT commander and ask for weapons training, specifically being more accurate with my 9mm and M16.
Back to top Go down
SOMalphas
Egg
Egg
SOMalphas

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:12 pm

I quickly raise and fire my gun several times at the cop's head, blowing it off. I follow that up with making a quick search of the police station for more zombies.

*BOOM HEADSHOT*
Back to top Go down
Master of Ninjas
Pheonix
Pheonix
Master of Ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 4b876c1e-db52-4cae-88d9-9993c241e262
Back to top Go down
http://bit.ly/hT0C
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:59 am

TURN TWELVE
In Which Another Suicide Goes Down

Blue:
Quote :
“I go to the team of doctors and request for them to train me in the ways of healing.”
The 5 Die You head over to the team of doctors at their tents and request they train you in the ways of healing. After an extensive argument between themselves they finally agree to teach you a little of something they know. +1 to using medkits and revive syringes, cap at five.

Ponita:
Quote :
“I seek aid from Toby with my gun using the following pick up line. "Far beyond the farthest horizon, I crawled out froma tiny shack. I have defeated a zombie for every star in the sky! When they tell stories of the bad moe sockra of a sniper, it is I, Ponita, of whom they speak!"”
The 5 Die "Far beyond the farthest horizon, I crawled out froma tiny shack. I have defeated a zombie for every star in the sky! When they tell stories of the bad moe sockra of a sniper, it is I, Ponita, of whom they speak!"” Toby is immediately impressed with the display of bravado and agrees to help you with your gun. He provides you two more full magazines (in addition to your current five) and outfits the gun to be able to fire sonic rounds which will draw zombies toward them. He then provides you with twenty sonic rounds, as they are in short supply.

Griff:
Quote :
“Not giving a fish, I self destruct in a way that causes mass annoyance and difficulty to everyone but master.”
The 3 Die You die in a small explosion caused by who-knows-what. You are slightly annoying to the people near you, but only because the light from the explosion is off-putting. Absolutely no fish are given by you.

Mereel:
Quote :
“I go to the car repair shop and ask if there is any way for me to obtain a vehicle.”
The 4 Die You head over to the car repair shop where Ponita and Toby are, but you don’t see any vehicles. At first, that is. You notice a small broken down buggy that was hiding under a tarp. (IT’S A TARP) You should have the tools necessary to make the repairs in the shop.

Ryan:
Quote :
“I go to the SWAT commander and ask for weapons training, specifically being more accurate with my 9mm and M16.”
The 4 Die You head over to the SWAT commander and introduce yourself. After some idle banter you convince him to help you with weapons training for your 9mm and M16. He recommends switching out to an M4, but he doesn’t currently have one. For now he simply shows you some techniques on how to hold the guns and how to shoot them correctly. Enemies now get a -1 on RTDs against rifles and pistols you use.

Malphas:
Quote :
“I quickly raise and fire my gun several times at the cop's head, blowing it off. I follow that up with making a quick search of the police station for more zombies. *BOOM HEADSHOT*”
The 5 Die You raise your new pistol and fire a single shot straight through the zombie’s head. It hits him right between the eyes, and also happens to hit another zombie who was approaching behind him. Both drop re-dead. You wait a little while to see if any other zombies are attracted to the gunshot, and then decide there are no other zombies in the station or the area nearby.

Master:
Quote :
“Knocks over tower. Makes up for it by starting survivor camp.”
The 2 Die That is a really big tower. Like REALLY big. Knocking it over is no easy task.

The group is integrating itself well into the larger camp. Blue has met with the doctors and learned some new medical knowledge, Ponita has received more ammo and a new upgrade for her rifle, Mereel has found a 6 person buggy that needs repairs, and Ryan has consulted with the SWAT commander for some accuracy tips. Malphas’ luck appears to be turning around, while Griff has decided spontaneous explosion is the best plan for moving forward. The sturdy Clock Tower seems much larger from up close than it did from outside the gate. Much, much larger. The beacon at the top still shines brightly, and the periodic chatter of gunfire can be heard from the walls as guards fend off approaching zombies. Griff’s Sledgehammer is lying on the ground where his 8ody had a little fit and exploded.

Ryan: M16, 4 frags, a 9mm pistol, a med kit, Rifle Magazines x6, Pistol Magazines x4 and The Crowbar, Rifle and Pistol Accuracy (Enemies Receive -1 on RTDs)
Mereel: Machine Gun, .45 revolver, 4 Frag grenades, Med kit, Machine Gun Box Magazines x8, Revolver Ammo x24, a small key, and a radio
Blue: A shotgun, a 9mm pistol, 8 med kits, and ammo for the guns, Apple Tree Sapling x4, Medical Training (+1 to healing and reviving)
Malphas: Sig Sauer P226 9mm, 3 Magazines, 19 shots
Ponita: Sniper Rifle, silenced 9mm pistol, 4 claymores, a med kit, Rifle Magazines x5, Pistol magazines x4, Sonic Rounds x20, Stylish glasses
Master: +1 to resisting mental attacks, -1 to performing complex thought processes
Back to top Go down
https://pheonixfire.forumotion.net
SOMalphas
Egg
Egg
SOMalphas

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:25 am

As a feeling of utter... AWESOMENESS... overwhelms me for having completed the coveted dual-boom-headshot, I walk out of the police station to where griff died, never looking back...
Back to top Go down
Grifsworld
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Grifsworld

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:59 am

I decide to remain dead, cause it's what all the cool kids are doing these days.
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:19 pm

I gather the tools necessary to repair the buggy and pull the tarp off of it.
Back to top Go down
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:48 pm

I thank the SWAT commander for his help, then head over to the swordsmaster for training in the art of crowbar-ing.

Last edited by Pvt. Ryan on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blue
Hatchling
Hatchling
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:25 pm

I return to the main gate to provide the sapling needed for Malphas' entrance into the camp.
Back to top Go down
ponita
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
ponita

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:43 pm

I go and meet with the adorable SWAT commander and see if we can help each other out. Because we have eyes in the fronts of our heads in order to shoot zombies, so we need someone to watch our backs.
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:23 am

TURN THIRTEEN
In Which The Plot Thickens, Like Soup

Malphas:
Quote :
“As a feeling of utter... AWESOMENESS... overwhelms me for having completed the coveted dual-boom-headshot, I walk out of the police station to where griff died, never looking back...”
The 4 Die You feel utterly awesome as you walk to where Griff died in front of the survivor’s camp. You catch a sapling from midair and the gate opens.

Griff:
Quote :
“I decide to remain dead, cause it's what all the cool kids are doing these days.”
The 4 Die You are still dead, just like those cool kids.

Mereel:
Quote :
“I gather the tools necessary to repair the buggy and pull the tarp off of it.”
The 4 Die You gather together all the necessary tools in the car repair shop and pull the tarp off the buggy. From what you can tell it simply needs to have a few parts replaced.

Ryan:
Quote :
“I thank the SWAT commander for his help, then head over to the swordsmaster for training in the art of crowbar-ing.”
The 2 Die The SWAT commander asks you to sit down for tea, so you do.

Blue:
Quote :
“I return to the main gate to provide the sapling needed for Malphas' entrance into the camp.”
The 5 Die You sprint over to the main gate and toss a sapling over the gate and into Malphas’ hands.

Ponita:
Quote :
“I go and meet with the adorable SWAT commander and see if we can help each other out. Because we have eyes in the fronts of our heads in order to shoot zombies, so we need someone to watch our backs.”
The 3 Die You head over to the SWAT commander, but he is too busy having tea with Ryan to help you out. He invites you to join them and you sit down for tea as well.

Master:
Quote :
I stand.
The 4 Die You stand.

The Clock Tower doors open mysteriously, and a moaning can be heard coming from inside. Horrible shrieks emanate from the walls and then suddenly cease. The doors remain open, but there is a darkness that does not permit sight through the gaping hole. The SWAT commander, Swordsmaster, Medical Team, and gunsmith all elect to stay behind and help where their skills are more useful. [ Chickens ] The populace of the survivor camp has elected your group to enter the clock tower, clear it out, and reach the top. That flashing beacon may be what is attracting the zombies, after all.

Ryan: M16, 4 frags, a 9mm pistol, a med kit, Rifle Magazines x6, Pistol Magazines x4 and The Crowbar, Rifle and Pistol Accuracy (Enemies Receive -1 on RTDs)
Mereel: Machine Gun, .45 revolver, 4 Frag grenades, Med kit, Machine Gun Box Magazines x8, Revolver Ammo x24, a small key, a radio, car repair kit
Blue: A shotgun, a 9mm pistol, 8 med kits, and ammo for the guns, Apple Tree Sapling x3, Medical Training (+1 to healing and reviving)
Malphas: Sig Sauer P226 9mm, 3 Magazines, 19 shots
Ponita: Sniper Rifle, silenced 9mm pistol, 4 claymores, a med kit, Rifle Magazines x5, Pistol magazines x4, Sonic Rounds x20, Stylish glasses
Master: +1 to resisting mental attacks, -1 to performing complex thought processes
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:39 am

Using the tools and nearby hardware, I repair the buggy and go back outside where the tower is.
Back to top Go down
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:05 pm

I thank the SWAT Commander for the tea, then enter the clocktower.
Back to top Go down
SOMalphas
Egg
Egg
SOMalphas

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:49 pm

I grab the sledgehammer on the ground near a charred patch of street, then i enter the survivors camp.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Hatchling
Hatchling
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:41 pm

I locate and obtain a flashlight in preparation for entering the dark tower.
Back to top Go down
ponita
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
ponita

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:27 pm

I grit my teeth and enter the Tower.
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:14 am

TURN FOURTEEN
In Which The Tower Is Entered

Mereel:
Quote :
“Using the tools and nearby hardware, I repair the buggy and go back outside where the tower is.”
The 5 Die You use what appears to be a natural skill at repairing vehicles and fix up the buggy to good as new. You even throw in some new parts as an upgrade. You aren’t really sure what they will do, but before you can test it you see everyone heading toward The Clock Tower and head there with them.

Ryan:
Quote :
“I thank the SWAT Commander for the tea, then enter the clocktower.”
The 4 Die You politely thank the SWAT Commander for tea and then head into The Clock Tower.

Malphas:
Quote :
“I grab the sledgehammer on the ground near a charred patch of street, then I enter the survivors camp”
The 5 Die You easily heft the sledgehammer and then enter the survivor’s camp. You notice your group heading into The Clock Tower and follow them in, ready for whatever is about to go down.

Blue:
Quote :
“I locate and obtain a flashlight in preparation for entering the dark tower.”
The 3 Die You can’t find a flashlight, but you still head over to join your companions in The Clock Tower.

Ponita:
Quote :
“I grit my teeth and enter the Tower.”
The 4 Die You grit your teeth and enter The Clock Tower, excited for what awaits.

Master:
Quote :
“….”
The 4 Die ….

The Clock Tower. What waits inside? The remainder of the group, already whittled down by depression, loneliness, and the horrors of amnesia, take the first tentative steps inside. The darkness at the entrance is complete, but once the party steps inside it is surprisingly bright. The lighting is even, and emanates from lights on the ceiling. The darkness behind becomes completely solid, nulling all chance of escape. The moans and shrieks are mysteriously absent. Were they just illusions produced by the mysterious gate to ward off the faint of heart? It does not matter, for you five have entered. An assault. A support. A machine gunner. A sniper. One who has yet to learn his calling. Each of you will face the trials and tribulations of this tower, and each who emerges will become stronger than they thought possible. This is the reward that waits at the top of this tower. The lobby is open, with two elevators on either side and a staircase leading up to the next level. The elevators are out of order, and the doorways have been blocked off. There is a sign at the bottom of the staircase. “Thirteen floors, each with its own challenge. Each is progressively more difficult than the last. Good luck.”

Mereel: Machine Gun, .45 revolver, 4 Frag grenades, Med kit, Machine Gun Box Magazines x8, Revolver Ammo x24, a small key, a radio, car repair kit, Repair Skill
Blue: A shotgun, a 9mm pistol, 8 med kits, and ammo for the guns, Apple Tree Sapling x3, Medical Training (+1 to healing and reviving)
Malphas: Sig Sauer P226 9mm, 3 Magazines, 19 shots, Sledgehammer
GMs Note:
Combat will start to become a common occurrence, and to avoid it becoming a boring “roll, kill or don’t kill, if not try again” scenario, I am going to try to create an actual combat system that relies on positioning, uses more than just D6s, and rewards teamwork. I’ll be plotting out each level of the tower, so the next turn may take a while for me to post. [ Assuming you guys head up the stairs ].
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:18 am

I take a look around the lobby for any hidden clues and then head up the stairs to the next floor.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Hatchling
Hatchling
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:58 am

I go up the stairs to the next floor.

((Just so I can say I did later on:

I'm warnin' you 'bout them stairs, bro.))
Back to top Go down
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Having been warned 'bout them stairs, I cautiously head up to the second floor with my weapons ready and my wits about me.
Back to top Go down
SOMalphas
Egg
Egg
SOMalphas

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:44 pm

I look to where the voice came from, then I follow ponita, as a sniper probably needs a someone to distract their opponents when inside.
Back to top Go down
ponita
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
ponita

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:21 am

I have my trusty Malphas open the elevator door with his sledgehammer that will pierce the heavens, and then climb up to the next floor.
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 am

TURN FIFTEEN
In Which The First True Enemy Is Encountered

Mereel:
Quote :
“I take a look around the lobby for any hidden clues and then head up the stairs to the next floor.”
The 3 Die You head up to the next floor and pass through another dark gate that solidifies once you pass through. You notice that it doesn’t really solidify when you pass through it. Instead it is a one-way gate – solid on one side, immaterial on the other.

Blue:
Quote :
“I go up the stairs to the next floor.”
The 3 Die You go up to the next floor, but go on the railing so as to avoid the stairs.

Ryan:
Quote :
“Having been warned 'bout them stairs, I cautiously head up to the second floor with my weapons ready and my wits about me.”
The 3 Die You are too focused on the stairs to have your weapons at the ready when you finally reach the top and emerge onto the first floor.

Malphas:
Quote :
“I look to where the voice came from, then I follow ponita, as a sniper probably needs a someone to distract their opponents when inside.”
The 4 Die You follow Ponita over to the elevator and smash down the door when she tells you to. After she climbs up you climb up behind her and onto the next floor.

Ponita:
Quote :
“I have my trusty Malphas open the elevator door with his sledgehammer that will pierce the heavens, and then climb up to the next floor.”
The 5 Die Malphas smashes down the elevator door with his sledgehammer, and you wall run up as high as you can. Unfortunately, you can only make it to the next floor, and you do a spin, landing perfectly with your weapons drawn. Malphas is standing next to you, ready to cover you in close-quarters combat.

The second floor is much larger than it should be. There are many rooms, and it looks similar to an office building. At first no zombies can be seen, but then a door bursts open and one of the walking dead shambles out. As if on cue, many other doors open and the first floor is soon flooded with zombies. A voice calls out, emanating from everywhere at once. The voice is feminine, and has a hollow sound to it.
“You have reached the first floor. Now, prepare to be challenged in a test of exploration and combat. One of these rooms contains a key, and the door to the next floor is locked. You must find the key and defeat the master that dwells here to proceed. You must be prepared to cause a thousand deaths before your quest is complete.”
The zombies are still, as though waiting for you to make the first move.

Mereel: Machine Gun, .45 revolver, 4 Frag grenades, Med kit, Machine Gun Box Magazines x8, Revolver Ammo x24, a small key, a radio, car repair kit, Repair Skill
Malphas: Sig Sauer P226 9mm, 3 Magazines, 19 shots, Sledgehammer

GM’s Note:
Don’t post your turns quite yet, I am going to put up a floor plan of the first level by tomorrow.

Alright, here's the map.
Key- Each square = 1 meter
Light Green: Zombies
Dark Green: Mereel
Light Blue: Blue
Orange: Ryan
Red: Ponita
Dark Blue: Cobalt

Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 Floor_16

I am going to limit movement distance to five squares [ 15 feet or 5 meters ].

Last edited by Morelli on Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure   Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roll To Dodge: The Fourth Adventure
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next