Pheonix-Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pheonix-Fire

A forum for friends, mostly at Ghidotti

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roll to Dodge: The Third

Go down 
+5
Master of Ninjas
Blue
Pvt. Ryan
Mereel
Morelli
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

Roll to Dodge: The Third Empty
PostSubject: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:14 pm

“Welcome to Gardua, I hope you enjoy your stay!” proclaims a sentry at the gates. You have just arrived at Gardua, the capital city in the country of Praytun. You were each brought here by a call that was spread across the country – “Brave adventurers wanted, must be willing to face death.” Some of you recognize some of the other adventurers in the carriage with you, some of you don’t. All that matters is that you all have the same goal: To see the king and embark upon a quest. Each of you has a reason to be here, and each of you has their own goals to fulfill. Be it money, fame, or duty, each adventurer has something to gain from this quest.

The portcullis slides closed with a slam as the carriage bounces across the cobbled roads on its way to the main courtyard. The castle is huge – most of the town lies within its impenetrable stone walls. Sol is high in the sky, and its sister sun, Fray, is not far behind. The carriage comes to a stop in the main square, which is dominated by a large water feature. People are milling around in the square, some chatting, some of them heading to their daily occupations.

To the south are shops of all kinds, providing weapons, armor, and all sorts of items. Unfortunately, there is a detachment of city guards that has blocked the way so nobody can get past. To the west is a residential area, with a large, open plain beyond the city walls. At the far end of the plains rises a mountain range, snow-capped and majestic. To the east lies the military sector, where the guards and army are housed. Each sector is contained within its own set of inner walls to heighten the security of the castle, which you are now realizing is more of a citadel. The walls each have their own gates, which are closed and guarded by sentries.

Your destination lies to the north, the center of the citadel. This is where the King is, and the keep towers mightily over the rest of the city. It can be seen from anywhere in the citadel, and is an obvious show of wealth and power.

From here your choices are your own – I hold no more sway over you than a storyteller holds over his adventurers, which is incidentally what is happening here. I will record the story of your quests, be they large or small, dangerous or menial. I wish you good luck, heroes.

Our heroes are as follows:

Mereel
Ryan
Blue
Grifsworld (Who shall be referred to as Griff)
MoN (Whom in my tale I shall refer to as Monty)
Ponita

You each own only the clothes on your bodies, and 50 bronze pieces each.

Last edited by Morelli on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pheonixfire.forumotion.net
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:25 pm

I examine myself to see what I'm wearing and check my pockets for anything of use or value besides my 50 bronze moneys.
Back to top Go down
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:11 pm

I inspect myself and the other adventurers, and try to learn about them through conversation.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Hatchling
Hatchling
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:58 pm

I attack Mereel while he isn't paying attention to steal his moneys.
Back to top Go down
Master of Ninjas
Pheonix
Pheonix
Master of Ninjas

PostSubject: Ur face! ahahaha   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:25 am

I attempt to pick the pocket of nearby peoples.
jocolor farao
Back to top Go down
http://bit.ly/hT0C
Grifsworld
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Grifsworld

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:06 am

While all my useless excuses for teammates are busy googly eyeing and fondling each other like idiots, I comment to myself how much I just pwnd a forum admin and proceed to the citadel while humming
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Turn One

Mereel:
Quote :
I examine myself to see what I'm wearing and check my pockets for anything of use or value besides my 50 bronze moneys.
(3) The 3 Die You check your pockets to see if you have anything other than the 50 bronze that you know you have. While you don’t have any more, you DO realize that you don’t have pockets. Kaching! Useful information for the future!

Ryan:
Quote :
I inspect myself and the other adventurers, and try to learn about them through conversation.
(3) The 3 Die You look down at yourself and realize that you are still there. Phew, you may have gone missing while you weren’t looking! Looking at the other people, you realize they are still there. However, they are all too busy being milling around or actually doing something useful.

Blue:
Quote :
I attack Mereel while he isn't paying attention to steal his moneys.
(6) The 6 Die You kick Mereel in the stomach, punch him in the throat, rip off his ear, and take all 50 of his bronze. You leap with joy, triumphant in your success. Then you realize you were day dreaming, and everyone is looking at you funny. Hmm, probably should avoid jumping and yelling in public.

Monty:
Quote :
I attempt to pick the pocket of nearby peoples.
(3) The 3 Die You sneak over to a nearby citizen that is leaning against the wall – the perfect target, or so you think. You reach into their pocket to take their money, and their hand shoots out to catch your wrist. Foiled! They could call the guards now, but you put on your cute face and they take pity on you. They toss you five bronze and tell you not to try again. Then they pat you on your head and send you on your way. +5 Bronze Get!

Griff:
Quote :
While all my useless excuses for teammates are busy googly eyeing and fondling each other like idiots, I comment to myself how much I just pwnd a forum admin and proceed to the citadel while humming.
(5) The 5 Die You brush off your “useless excuses for teammates” and revel in your success over the great power of meta, whatever that means. You start walking towards the citadel with an obvious swagger, humming a tune to yourself. Wow, you feel good! Other people see it too, and are immediately attracted to you. +1 Charisma Bonus! You continue on to the citadel, but decide you should wait outside. You won’t look too good without lackeys – erm, teammates – to help you out.
Back to top Go down
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:36 pm

I follow Griff to the citadel and go inside with him, looking for anything of interest as I do so.

Last edited by Pvt. Ryan on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:37 pm

I head towards the citadel to catch up to Griff, keeping an eye out for shinies on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Grifsworld
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Grifsworld

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:36 pm

I proceed into the citadel, regardless of weather or not my bumbl-I mean helpful- "team"ates manage the difficult task of walking to the citadel. I check to see if there is anyone either important or who can gain me audience with someone important who can offer me a quest. This feels familiar.

Back to top Go down
Captain
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Captain

PostSubject: First move    Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 11:53 pm

I climb a tree. The 6 Die The 6 Die
Back to top Go down
http://www.apple.com
Master of Ninjas
Pheonix
Pheonix
Master of Ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:08 am

I race ahead of everyone else and talk to the king!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Hatchling
Hatchling
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:00 am

I follow everyone to the citadel keeping my eyes peeled for useful things that may be scattered along the road. (*cough*weaponsandmoney*coughcough*)
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:40 pm

Turn Two

Ryan:
Quote :
I follow Griff to the citadel and go inside with him, looking for anything of interest as I do so.
(3) The 3 Die You follow Griff to the citadel, but you don’t see anything too interesting. A thief stealing from an old lady, two drunks fighting outside a bar, guards impaling somebody who tried to leave, the usual. You look down again to make sure you’re still there. Yup, good news! Presently, you catch up with Griffin.

Mereel:
Quote :
I head towards the citadel to catch up to Griff, keeping an eye out for shinies on the ground.
(5) The 5 Die You sprint to the citadel, looking around for anything shiny. A shiny orb catches your eye, and you swipe it off a poor old man who was walking across the plaza. Success! You catch up to Ryan and Griff, but Monty speeds past you at alarming speeds.

Grifsworld:
Quote :
I proceed into the citadel, regardless of weather or not my bumbl-I mean helpful- "team"ates manage the difficult task of walking to the citadel. I check to see if there is anyone either important or who can gain me audience with someone important who can offer me a quest. This feels familiar.
(2) The 2 Die You think to yourself regardless of weather, but suddenly it rains right where you are, and only where you are. You move a bit to the side, and decide to wait for everyone else to get there. Nathan bowls past you at extreme speeds, knocking you back to where you started.

Monty:
Quote :
I race ahead of everyone else and talk to the king!
(6) The 6 Die Zooooooooooooom! You race past everybody else that you see, knocking down innocents and even breezing past even Griff. You burst through the outer gate and into the inner courtyard of the keep. You smash through the door, and end up right in front of the king. Unfortunately, your reign of terror ends there. Multiple guards seize you and hold you at weapon-point. There’s no way you could take them all out, especially without any weapons.

Blue:
Quote :
I follow everyone to the citadel keeping my eyes peeled for useful things that may be scattered along the road. (*cough*weaponsandmoney*coughcough*)
(3) The 3 Die Your walk along the route to the keep is uneventful, and you arrive with Griff, Ryan, and Mereel without incident.

Environment: Griff, Ryan, Mereel, and Blue are all outside of the outer gate to the keep. Monty has burst into the king’s antechamber and is being held by the guards. The paths other than the way to the keep are still blocked by the city guards, and a congregation of people is forming in the main plaza.

Inventories:

Mereel:
Plain Clothes
50 Bronze

Ryan:
Plain Clothes
50 Bronze

Monty:
Plain Clothes
55 Bronze

Blue:
Plain Clothes
50 Bronze

Griff:
Plain Clothes
50 Bronze

Back to top Go down
Blue
Hatchling
Hatchling
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:50 pm

I make my way politely to the king's chambers.
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:52 pm

I head through the gate into the antechamber and ask a guard if I can have his helmet.
Back to top Go down
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:14 pm

I distract the guards while Griff frees Monty and proceeds with his action, then I grab a sword and hold the king hostage. affraid

Last edited by Pvt. Ryan on Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grifsworld
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Grifsworld

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:00 pm

I proceed to where Monty is being held captive, I mention my plan to my teammates and begin searching for anything to use as a weapon on my way there (Lantern, candlestick, etc) Once I reach Monty, I smash a guard over the head and pull his sword out of it's sheath (or hand, if he's holding it) I toss the sword to Monty and bash another surprised guard on the head with my weapon, taking his sword. I assist Monty in fighting the rest of the guards and once they're all dead search them for moneys. I then distribute the weapons and armor to Monty and myself, and then the rest of the team. affraid
Back to top Go down
Captain
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Captain

PostSubject: (5)   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:26 pm

After rolling a 5, I jump into the castle from my tree with squirrel powers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.apple.com
ponita
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
ponita

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:54 pm

I stay away from the commotion and look for something useful inside the castle.
Back to top Go down
Master of Ninjas
Pheonix
Pheonix
Master of Ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:10 pm

I steal the king's sword during the commotion.
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:09 am

Turn Three

Blue:
Quote :
I make my way politely to the king's chambers.
(4) The 4 Die You do your smooth walk into the king’s chambers just as stuff starts going down. Unfortunately, everything seems to be going wrong. You sneak into a corner and start to plan your next move.

Mereel:
Quote :
I head through the gate into the antechamber and ask a guard if I can have his helmet.
(1) The 1 Die The gate’s sharp edges frighten you, but you decide to press on. However, the edges continue to scare you, and you lose focus. You cut yourself on them somehow and fall backwards on to a pile of coins! Unfortunately it is Goblin gold, and disappears promptly.

Ryan:
Quote :
I distract the guards while Griff frees Monty and proceeds with his action, then I grab a sword and hold the king hostage.
(4) The 4 Die You put on your best troll face and start to do the chicken dance, even though it hasn’t been invented yet. You successfully distract the guards near you, who look at you quite oddly. They even manage to not immediately notice that one of them had been bonked on the head with a large candlestick. However, the distraction did manage to get four armed and armored guards near you.

Griff:
Quote :
I proceed to where Monty is being held captive, I mention my plan to my teammates and begin searching for anything to use as a weapon on my way there (Lantern, candlestick, etc) Once I reach Monty, I smash a guard over the head and pull his sword out of it's sheath (or hand, if he's holding it) I toss the sword to Monty and bash another surprised guard on the head with my weapon, taking his sword. I assist Monty in fighting the rest of the guards and once they're all dead search them for moneys. I then distribute the weapons and armor to Monty and myself, and then the rest of the team.
(3) The 3 Die After trading super secret signals with Monty, you pick up a nearby candlestick and bonk the guard over the head (2) and the guard crumples like someone struck by the calamity. Unfortunately you also strike Nathan, and stun him a bit.

Ponita:
Quote :
I stay away from the commotion and look for something useful inside the castle.
(5) The 5 Die You sneak in behind the main group, who you have been following since they left the carriage. You see Mereel starting to fall and you catch him with a bag of your goblin gold. You then sneak around looking for anything useful, and a glowing orb catches your eye. You grab it from the pedestal and are lucky and stealthy enough not to get caught.

Monty:
Quote :
I steal the king's sword during the commotion.
(2) The 2 Die You don’t understand any of the complex hand signals that Griff sends you, and it doesn’t matter anyway because the man trying to help you also whacked you over the head with a large candle stick. You stay conscious but completely lose track of what you were trying to do.

King and Guards:
The King and Guards are now mobilizing. The four guards surrounding Ryan move back to protect the king, and the four guards by the door block off the exit. The guards by the door draw spears and the guards defending the King are armed with swords. The guards by the door appear to be poorly trained compared to the more elite guards surrounding the King. Unfortunately his Royal Guard is out on some sort of Quest that he may have assigned to someone else if it hadn’t been for the current situation. The King stands up and draws his Great Sword and prepares to defend himself.

Mereel:
Plain Clothes
50 Bronze
Shiny Orb

Ryan:
Plain Clothes
50 Bronze

Griff:
Plain Clothes
50 Bronze
Broken Candlestick

Blue:
Plain Clothes
50 Bronze

Monty:
Plain Clothes
50 Bronze
A little Dazed, -1 to next roll

Ponita:
Plain Clothes
50 Bronze
Shiny Orb

King:
Great Sword
Shiny Orb
Bonded Armor

Elite Guard 1:
Bastard Sword
Bonded Armor

Elite Guard 2:
Bastard Sword
Bonded Armor

Elite Guard 3:
Bastard Sword
Bonded Armor

Elite Guard 4:
Bastard Sword
Bonded Armor

Spear Guard 1:
Short Spear
Leather Armor

Spear Guard 2:
Short Spear
Leather Armor

Spear Guard 3:
Short Spear
Leather Armor

Spear Guard 4:
Short Spear
Leather Armor
Back to top Go down
Master of Ninjas
Pheonix
Pheonix
Master of Ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:30 am

I run up and steal the king's sword from his hand!
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:37 am

I get up and carefully examine my shiny orb while I wait outside for this to blow over.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Hatchling
Hatchling
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:01 pm

I ask one of the spear-weilding Guards for his spear so that I may aid in defending the king.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roll to Dodge: The Third   Roll to Dodge: The Third I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roll to Dodge: The Third
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next