Pheonix-Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pheonix-Fire

A forum for friends, mostly at Ghidotti

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The RTD Game

Go down 
+3
Mereel
ponita
Morelli
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:16 pm

This is where we will be playing the RTD game. No comments on here, only actions and the turn. Here is a reminder of the rules.

Roll to Dodge!
Original concept and rules by Mouse

Roll to Dodge is a fun game where you play with a group of (6) people. Think Dungeons and Dragons in a sense. You will be placed in a certain scenario, and you (may) be given a certain objective. Now here's the catch, for nearly every action you make, a die will determine the outcome.

The numbers on the six sided die are marked as such...
1) Epic fail
2) Kinda fail
3) Kinda success
4) Success
5) Perfect success
6) Overshot

For example:

Jack wants to jump over a wooden fence.
I roll a die and it lands 4. Since a 4 represents normal success, nothing too bad nor too good happens, you just complete your action.
Thus, Jack jumps over a wooden fence.

Let's say Jack rolled a 1. The outcome would be much different now.
Jack tries to jump the wooden fence, but trips over his shoelace and smashes his face through it, breaking his nose.

Now what if he rolled a 6?
Jack runs as fast as he can to gain the momentum he needs to jump the fence. The momentum is so great that he jumps the fence, but keeps gaining altitude from his jump and doesn't seem to stop. Jack literally jumps across the entire world and lands right back where he started, behind the wooden fence.

I'm sure you can get what the rest of the numbers represent.

Rules!
Only (6) people may play at a time.
-This is based on a first come first served basis
-If you did not make it in time, I can still add you to the waiting list
-I would like to keep this game moving at a good pace, so you will have 2 days max to take your turn or you will be removed from the game and the first person on the waiting list will take your spot
-If you have a legitimate excuse for an absence, then your spot will be frozen until you come back.

This game will use the declare system. You declare your move, then when everyone's move has been declared, they are all taken, the die is rolled, and results are decided.
-I will not post results of the actions until everyone has taken their turn
-Repeated actions are not encouraged, and are frowned upon

I will only count the first action you post. If you post multiple actions (Jump the fence, then punch the guy in the face), then I will only roll on the "Jump the fence" action.
-There will be some exceptions to this rule
-Other minor actions may be used with your major action (look around, talk, ect)
-Observing your surrounding will not be effected by the die
-Talking to NPCs or players will not be effected by the die

You may post almost any action you desire
-If you want to attempt to harness the power to fly or spontaneuosly grow a third arm, you can do so.
-You may not god-mod and ruin the fun for everyone, however.
-You may only gain 3 powers, but multiple abilities.

You may kill or be killed by players or your actions
-Be weary of what you do, if you attempt to kill another player early in the game and fail, the results can have devastating results
-Attempting to do something stupid can lead to a very funny death

Certain events can affect your next roll
-If you do something with perfect success there may be a chance your roll, or everyone's roll, can be increased by +X amount, or be predetermined
-The same can be applied if you have an epic failure, only your roll will have -X amount
-If a certain action has an effectiveness on a body part, then any action requiring that body part will be effected (Jack's arms are broken, -3 to any action used by his arms)
-The same can have positive attributes
-If you roll three 5's or three 6's on separate occasions while using the same ability, that ability will improve, giving you benefits such as more power, greater control, or more range.

We can vote on a setting.

So far we have (6) people. We are full.

Players:
Master of Ninjas (Master)
The Joker (Joker)
Mereel
Fordo77 (Fordo)
Ponita
Blue

The 1 DieThe 2 DieThe 3 DieThe 4 DieThe 5 DieThe 6 Die

Last edited by Morelli on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:31 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pheonixfire.forumotion.net
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:41 pm

You wake up in a small white cube. There are six of you, and you don't recognize any of the other people near you. The walls look like solid white metal, with nothing on them. There is light in the room, but no visible lights. There are no shadows to speak of anywhere. You are all wearing plain white shirts and pants.

Ponita
Inventory:None
Equipped:White shirt, white pants
Powers:None

Mereel

Grifsworld

Fordo77

The Joker

Arnold

Last edited by Morelli on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:22 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
ponita
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
ponita

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:29 pm

I want to kick a hole in the walls!
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Look around.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Egg
Egg
The Joker

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:30 am

I do one thing, I search in great detail for the source of the light...
Back to top Go down

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Summon a cannon that instantly shoots me for the moon.
Back to top Go down

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Check for seams or cracks in the wall, some way to get out. Things such as structure weakness...
Back to top Go down
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Look for door/opening/button/lever/switch/etc.
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:32 pm

TURN ONE

Ponita:
Quote :
I want to kick a hole in the walls!
The 4 Die (4) You kick the wall, and a small hole forms. Green orbs of light appear from the ceiling and repair the hole, however you do get a look outside of it. What you see, or more accurately what you don't see, shocks you. There is nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Mereel:
Quote :
Look around.
The 2 Die (2) You look around, however you don't notice anything important. The only thing you see are the white walls, ceiling, and floor, as well as the people near you.

The Joker:
Quote :
I do one thing, I search in great detail for the source of the light...
The 3 Die (3) You look around for the source of the light. You don't see any light fixtures, however you do notice that one wall seems to be brighter than the rest, if only fractionally.

Arnold:
Quote :
Summon a cannon that instantly shoots me for the moon.
The 1 Die (1) You attempt to summon a cannon that will shoot you for the moon. However, you notice the green globes out of the corner of your eye. Enticed by their glow, you jump around and try to catch them. However, your hands pass through and you run straight into the nearby wall. You break your nose, but a green globe floats towards you and heals it immediately.

Grifsworld:
Quote :
Check for seams or cracks in the wall, some way to get out. Things such as structure weakness...
The 6 Die (6) Looking around, you notice the wall that is slightly brighter than the rest. You approach it, and press lightly in the middle of the wall. Light seams start to appear in the shape of a door, and you notice that more light is streaming in through the seams. You jump back in surprise, nearly running into Mereel. The door continues to open, with the section of the wall sliding back and then to the side. There is a long, brightly lit corridor that continues down the passage. The corridor is also white, like the room, and has no visible source of light.

Fordo77:
Quote :
Look for door/opening/button/lever/switch/etc.
The 3 Die (3) You look around for a doorway, however you notice that Griff has already opened a doorway. Too bad!

Environment: There is a plain white metal cube, with our adventurers in it. In one wall is a doorway that opens up to a long, white metal corridor. There is light all around but no visible light source. A man walks down the hallway towards you, wearing all white. “If you would please follow me, I will lead you to the testing chamber” he says. He then turns and starts to walk away.

Ponita

Mereel

Grifsworld

Fordo77

The Joker

Arnold
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Egg
Egg
The Joker

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:38 pm

walk to the end of the hallway and look around.
Back to top Go down
ponita
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
ponita

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:13 pm

I will question the man of his reasons for capturing us, and what his objective is!
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 12:05 am

While Ponita is questioning the man, I pick his pockets for anything such as and ID, key, etc.
Back to top Go down
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Follow the others and inspect my surroundings very carefully, looking for and taking anything that might be of use.
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:05 pm

TURN TWO

The Joker:
Quote :
Walk to the end of the hallway and look around.
The 4 Die (4) You follow the man down the hallway. It is not very long, and when you reach the end you notice that there are five egg-shaped, human sized containers. They are arranged in a circle around a computer, with wires traveling between the computer and the containers.

Ponita:
Quote :
I will question the man of his reasons for capturing us, and what his objective is!
The 2 Die (2) You attempt to ask the man what he is here for, however he only tells you that all will be explained in due time.

Mereel:
Quote :
While Ponita is questioning the man, I pick his pockets for anything such as an ID, key, etc.
The 5 Die (5) You sneak up to the man with the utmost ninja-ness. He doesn't seem to notice you at all. You reach towards his pants to pick his pockets, and then you realize- He has no pockets! You do however see a tag on a lanyard hanging out from the top of his pants. It reads: Master, test subject.

Fordo77:
Quote :
Follow the others and inspect my surroundings very carefully, looking for and taking anything that might be of use.
The 5 Die (5) While walking down the hallway, you inspect your surroundings quite carefully. Not noticing anything out of the ordinary, you continue down the hallway and into the egg-room. You notice what your companions failed to: A sign above the entryway that says “Training Facility” and small name plates on the egg-shaped containers that read “Total Immersion Engines”. You chuckle at the acronym, TIE.

Environment: You are all in a circular room filled with the egg-shaped TIEs. The man who led you here, Master, turns around. He informs you that he woke up a few minutes before the rest of you, and was taken by another man into this area. He was taught how to operate the machines so that he could instruct you, as well as himself, in the ways of survival. After saying this, he walks over to the central computer, presses some keys, and the top halves of the TIEs open. He then hands everyone a tag that says "(their name), Test Subject". He motions for you all to step in, and steps into one himself. Looking inside, you see a chair and control panel. The top half of Master's TIE closes, and the only thing you can see now is his face.

Master has joined the game!

Ponita

Mereel

Fordo77

The Joker

Master
Back to top Go down
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:25 pm

I inspect everything very carefully, checking the TIEs, the master in his TIE, the buttons, the main computer, etc., looking for anything sinister or dangerous, or anything that might be useful.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Egg
Egg
The Joker

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:35 pm

I disconnect the pods from the computers by riping the wires with fordo77's teeth

LOL i gotz a The 5 Die
Back to top Go down
ponita
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
ponita

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:53 pm

I will enter one of the pods(TIE?), checking for anything suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Get in the TIE, sit down, and inspect the options on the control panel.
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:18 pm

TURN THREE

Fordo77:
Quote :
I inspect everything very carefully, checking the TIEs, the master in his TIE, the buttons, the main computer, etc., looking for anything sinister or dangerous, or anything that might be useful.
The 3 Die (3) You walk around, inspecting the TIEs. You don't see anything obviously suspicious, and decide that the TIEs are quite safe. You see something shiny in the TIE, and decide to investigate. It must have been a trick of the eye, for when you get in, you no longer see it. You turn around, but the TIE closes, locking you in. You sit in the chair, examining the control panel.

The Joker:
Quote :
I disconnect the pods from the computers by ripping the wires with fordo77's teeth.
The 5 Die (5) You reach for Fordo, however the TIE closes before you can reach him. Not having Fordo's teeth to rip the wires with, you pick them up. With all of your strength you pull the wires, shredding them to pieces. Unfortunately for you, the green orbs once again appear from the ceiling. They repair the wires as fast as you tear them. Foiled, you are unsure of what to do next.

Ponita:
Quote :
I will enter one of the pods(TIE?), checking for anything suspicious.
The 2 Die (2) You walk to the pod, not noticing anything suspicious. You start to climb in but trip over the edge. You end up head down in the TIE as it closes. You flip, but don't understand any of the buttons on the control panel. You hear your TIE lock.

Mereel:
Quote :
Get in the TIE, sit down, and inspect the options on the control panel.
The 4 Die (4) You get in the TIE, examining the control panel. You seem to understand it, it isn't that complex. You press a few buttons, and all of the TIEs that have people in them close. They then proceed to vacuum seal and fill up with a thick blue liquid.

Environment: You are all in a circular room filled with the egg-shaped TIEs. Everyone except for The Joker is currently in a TIE, each of which has filled with a dark blue, thick liquid. The people in the TIEs appear to be asleep. These people wake up in another room, which looks like a normal building. Lining two walls are swords, bows, spears, axes, and other medieval weapons. On the other walls are armors, some leather, some hide, cloth armor, a set of plate armor, and a set of scaled armor. You can hear movement outside, and it doesn't sound friendly. Luckily, the door appears to be locked.

Ponita

Mereel

Fordo77

The Joker

Master

Last edited by Morelli on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Egg
Egg
The Joker

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:23 pm

reluctantly i step into the pod and activate it

Last edited by The Joker on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Take a set of leather armor and a sturdy spear from the walls and equip them.
Back to top Go down
ponita
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
ponita

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:56 pm

I will put on a set of the best armor and find the best bow/quiver.
Back to top Go down
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am

I grab the best looking armor, a bow and quiver with lots of arrows, a short sword, and two knives (and equip them).
Back to top Go down
Master of Ninjas
Pheonix
Pheonix
Master of Ninjas

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:06 pm

I put on a sword and armor and attack Mereel.
Back to top Go down
http://bit.ly/hT0C
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

The RTD Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RTD Game   The RTD Game I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:23 pm

TURN FOUR

The Joker:
Quote :
Reluctantly I step into the pod and activate it.
The 2 Die (2) You look over at the pod. You climb in, but have no idea how to activate it. The keyboard looks somewhat foreign, but you press a few keys. The pod closes, but you aren't immersed in liquid. You aren't quite sure what to do.

Mereel:
Quote :
Take a set of leather armor and a sturdy spear from the walls and equip them.
The 6 Die (6) You walk up to the wall. Browsing the collection of spears, you come across one that seems to call to you. You grab it, and you can hear it inside your head. “I am Gungnir, spear of Odin. Use me well, and I will repay you.” You understand that this is a powerful weapon, and know that if you disrespected it that it would take revenge upon you. (Must spend next turn praying to Odin)
-Gungnir gives +1 to stabbing attack and provides you with armor of Odin, a +1 against stabbing and slashing-

Ponita:
Quote :
I will put on a set of the best armor and find the best bow/quiver.
The 6 Die (6) As you see Mereel picking up his spear, you wonder what else may lie on these racks. You look around, and see a bow of pure silver, with a quiver of twenty silver arrows. You ponder for a few seconds, and take it. Inscribed on the silver is the name “Talmuril”. While focusing on the bow, you don't pay much attention to the armor. You grab the closest set of cloth armor that you can find, and it isn't very high quality.
-Taulmuril has a limitless quiver, and gives a +1 to arrow attacks and +1 to accuracy checks.-

Fordo77:
Quote :
I grab the best looking armor, a bow and quiver with lots of arrows, a short sword, and two knives (and equip them).
The 4 Die (4) You grab some shiny cloth armor, a bow, and a quiver with a reasonably large amount of arrows. You then head to the other wall and grab a short sword and two knives. None of these are of excellent quality, but they are weapons nonetheless. You don the weapons and armor, but don't feel anything special about them. You glare at Ponita and Mereel, who appear to have found weapons much to their liking.

Master:
Quote :
I put on a sword and armor and attack Mereel.
The 3 Die (3) You grab a sword and some hide armor, but when you look over at Mereel you see Gungnir, and think twice. You whistle to yourself and push the thought of attacking him out of your mind. Looking back at your sword, it is only made of iron, and your hide armor was not tanned.

Environment: The Joker is in his TIE, while everyone else is equipped and ready to go. The main party is in some sort of armory, and there are sounds of conflict outside, with languages that none of them recognize.

Ponita
Equipped:White shirt, White pants, Taulmaril the Heartseeker (-Taulmuril has a limitless quiver, and gives a +1 to arrow attacks and +1 to accuracy checks.-), Cloth armor

Mereel
Equipped:White shirt, White pants, Gungnir (-Gungnir gives +1 to stabbing attack and provides you with armor of Odin, a +1 against stabbing and slashing-)

Fordo77
Inventory:Knives (2), Short sword
Equipped:White shirt, White pants, Cloth armor, Bow, Quiver w/ 40 arrows,

The Joker
Equipped:White shirt, White pants

Master
Equipped:White shirt, White pants, Iron sword, Hide armor