Pheonix-Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pheonix-Fire

A forum for friends, mostly at Ghidotti

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)

Go down 
4 posters

What Will the Setting Be?
Start in the Town
Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_vote_lcap67%Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Start in the Mansion
Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_vote_lcap33%Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) Empty
PostSubject: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:55 pm

Please pick what you would prefer.

If you need more information post a question so that others can see the answer that I give.

Last edited by Morelli on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pheonixfire.forumotion.net
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:41 am

Yes! Future Apocalypse FTW!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:36 am

Okay, so the chosen time period was future. Now, for the next series of rigorous test- erm, polling.
Back to top Go down
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:34 am

I vote for post apocalyptic city. (Also, it appears as though haunted mansion might win, so if it does, it should be a FEAR type setting.)
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:22 am

Fordo, you can still vote for post apoc, just cancel your vote and then vote for it.
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: And the Winner Is...   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:16 pm

Alright, the time period of future with the setting of a Mansion have been selected. This time I have decided to really go all out, editing the last set of rules and even including an ASCII art depiction of every room we go through, eventually forming a blueprint of the entire mansion.

Now, time to draw up some rules! After I prepare the rules I'll post them for all of you to read, and I'll take suggestions. Hopefully this set of rules will be more complete and agreed-upon than the other set. Also, any rules suggestion will need to be OK'd by the majority of players.
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:41 pm

After spending lots of time updating the rules and adding the classes and stats, I am finally done. Here are the rules. If you have any complaints or suggestions, please post those and I will consider them. As for classes, when we begin you can post a custom class and I will see if it is fair.

Rules
Spoiler:

Dice Rolls
Spoiler:

Stats
Spoiler:

Classes
Spoiler:

Last edited by Morelli on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:20 am

Mmmmmmk. A couple things here about the rules regarding players getting kicked and new ones joining. First, instead of booting a player for taking more than 2 days to roll, why not just make him skip his turn and suffer negative consequences? I know it might seem unfair for others waiting to play, but that brings me to my other thought. How exactly would new players join the game once we're reasonably far into it? Would they automatically get some perks to compare to everyone else, or would they just have a lot of catching up to do? Just a couple things to think about there.

Also, regarding stats affecting rolls, I'm a bit in the dark as to how that's going to work exactly. I get how having good stats in a particular area can increase the number you get on your roll, but what if it pushes you into the overshoot range? More importantly, what if your original roll lands IN the overshoot range? Does the stat bonus push the number back down into the flawless range? I'd like some more clarity on this whole stats and rolls thing.

One last thing. Requesting some sort of heavy melee class. I know we already have thieves and whatnot who use knives and lightsabers, but I was hoping for something more like a viking berserker who wields large energy weapons like spears and battle axes, and also wears heavier armor than other classes. Don't think I have my heart set on a class like this, I haven't thoroughly thought about it yet. It's just a class that most other games seem to have. That's all I have to say for now. Can't wait to get started! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:44 am

First, the only way players can get booted is by them dying, which causes them to lose. I would like people to post within two days, and if they don't they will auto-roll a 2 (basic 2 set), making it so nothing happens, effectively skipping their turn. I don't plan on having other people join the game late, as that would be really hard to work into the storyline. Depending on which starting area we choose, that may be possible for a short amount of time. The first option involves starting in the mansion's courtyard and then moving into and through the mansion. This option doesn't allow for much mid-game joining. The second option is where instead of starting in the mansion you have a "quest" (for lack of a better term) to complete in the town outside the mansion before you are all let into the mansion. A new player could join any time before you went to the mansion.

The new 24 sided die rule was added specifically for the reasons you brought up. Before, if you got a bonus and you had rolled a 5, you were in the overshoot range, and if you got a loss and had a 2 you were in the epic fail area. Now, with 1-3 being epic fail and 22-24 being overshoot, there is less chance for either an overshot or an epic fail. Yes, if you got a 21 and a bonus you would be boosted into overshot, and if you got a 4 and a loss you would fall into epic fail. Bonuses will never push things down. This will be the time that I explain buffs and debuffs. Buffs, unlike bonuses, boost stats but put a cap on them. This means that they won't go above Perfect Success. Debuffs are the same as losses. The main difference is that both are temporary.

As for the heavy melee class, I'll think about it. I was purposefully trying to stay away from a Berserker-esque class, as I don't want anyone soloing. I tried to leave melee (which does include ALL kinds of melee weapons, including knives, lightsabers, flails, energy spears, etc.) to the Commando and Thief, who are the Combat focused melee and Stealth Focused melee classes, respectively.

I do have to agree, I can't wait to start!

p.s.
I am going to be holding one final vote for Starting in the town (sort of like a tutorial area, get acquainted with the new rules) or starting in the mansion. I'll post the poll tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:26 pm

I don't think a tutorial is absolutely necessary because I don't think there will be any new players this time around. A tutorial would still be okay, though, as long as it is short.
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: The Equipment   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:32 pm

This RTD will have more regulated equipment than the last one to try to prevent people getting too powerful too fast. Armor, weapons, machines, and items are all types of equipment.

Armor
Spoiler:

Weapons
Spoiler:

Machines
Spoiler:

Items
Spoiler:

Last edited by Morelli on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:51 pm

Is the mansion in the further reaches of human existence?
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Sneak peak: The mansion is most definitely on one of the further reaches of human existences. It may not even be human...
Back to top Go down
Mereel
Pheonix
Pheonix
Mereel

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:26 am

Not sure if it's the right time to ask this, but how soon do you think we'll be selecting classes? Also, how will we go about it? Do you need help with anything?
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:09 am

Today I had to study for my math final, and tomorrow I will be prepping the basic storyline. Class picking will probably happen then, but expect it to be on Wednesday. That will also be when the RTD starts.
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Okay, so the start in the town option has been chosen. Today I will take my dreaded midterm, and when I get home I'll lay out the basic storyline and prepare the ASCII maps for the town. On Wednesday I'll put everything into motion, and the RTD will begin! It will start with me releasing the final, full information on each class. Then people will pick classes, with one person per class. After that, the storyline will start.
Back to top Go down
Pvt. Ryan
Pheonix Child
Pheonix Child
Pvt. Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:55 pm

May I suggest making an ASCII (or MS paint) depictions of the characters, weapons, and items? They could be easily made using GG2 characters and weapons as "templates" for size and coloring and stuff. Each player could have his character as his avatar, and post what items and weapons they are carrying at the bottom of each of their posts. It would make it easier for everyone to keep track of who's who and who has what. And it would be cool. (If this would be to much work for you, I'm sure Addy/I could do it or help do it.)
Also, I have some issues with being completely booted out of the game when you die. I know people can be revived, but knowing the people I'm going to be playing with, that doesn't assure me very much. I can't think of a better way to do it, so I really shouldn't be complaining, but if anyone else has an idea, I think we should really consider it.
Back to top Go down
Morelli
Pheonix
Pheonix
Morelli

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:32 pm

I must have been talking to Mereel, but I had already thought of this. I thought I told you too... But yes, this was already planned and I am already working on it. As for the being booted out, I can't really think of a different way to do it. Towards the beginning the consequences for actions won't be AS dire, but people can still die. Certain people playing this game may be out to get certain other people already...
Back to top Go down
Master of Ninjas
Pheonix
Pheonix
Master of Ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Dude. I completely agree. I think.
Back to top Go down
http://bit.ly/hT0C
Master of Ninjas
Pheonix
Pheonix
Master of Ninjas

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 11:34 pm

wHAT IS THIS POLE ABOUT?

Back to top Go down
http://bit.ly/hT0C
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)   Vote for the Setting (RTD 2) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vote for the Setting (RTD 2)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pheonix-Fire :: Games :: Roll to Dodge-
Jump to: